Events & Workshops
All Births Childbirth Education
Meets four Sundays,
October 1 – October 22
2:00 pm – 4:30 pm
$150 per couple
Pre-registration is required
Your body, your baby, your birth – New Day Doula wants you to have all the resources you need to feel prepared for childbirth and the first few weeks at home with your newborn. This interactive and relaxed class helps you and your partner prepare for whatever lies ahead.
Go beyond the basics – this is your experience, so own it!
Things we’ll cover:
- How to stay healthy and feel comfortable during pregnancy
- Get ready for labor before it even begins!
- How labor happens – how does baby get from in there to out here?
- How your birth partner can play an active role throughout labor and delivery
- Comfort techniques during labor
- First 24 – 48 hours after birth
- What is happening to me now? Find out what to expect about postpartum emotions and physical changes.
- Baby’s here – now what? Learn how to care for your newborn.
This course works on its own or in addition to the hospital classes. Home-birthers are also welcome.
Mary Michalek is a Certified Childbirth and Postpartum Doula, a Pro-Doula Childbirth Educator, and partner in New Day Doula. Prior to focusing on birth work, Mary taught Vermont middle and high schoolers for several years. Mary lives in Potsdam with her husband and her four year old son.