Events and Workshops
Reiki I Class
Saturday, March 24, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Sarah Pickard, Reki Master
Are you looking for ways to better take care of yourself and your family?
Reiki is an excellent way to do both.
Join Sarah to learn how to do Self-Reiki
Give to Reiki to your family and pets even.
Reiki is a gentle healing practice that helps to reduce stress and anxiety, helps to relieve aches and pains, and helps to stimulate the body’s natural healing abilities.
The cost is $150
Space is limited, call Sarah to register at 860-488-1895.
March 25, April 22, and May 27
Sundays, 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
with Chantal Forrest
- 3:00 – 3:20 pm – Warm-up
- 3:20 – 3:35 pm – Opening Circle
- 3:35 – 4:50 pm – Ecstatic Dance
- 4:50 – 5:00 pm – Closing Circle
Ecstatic Dance is a monthly community gathering for people who love to Dance.
Join us and enjoy a safe and inspiring space to dance without talking, drinking, and the nightclub vibe. This is about self-expression, freeing your mind and body, and connecting with yourself and those around you. No booze, no shoes and no chit-chat on the dance floor helps us keep it intentional. Amazing music helps us keep it all about dance!
- No talking on the dance floor (plenty of room to talk off-floor)
- Drug-Free, Smoke-Free, Alcohol-Free environment
- No photos or videos, cellphones muted and out of sight
- Care/Awareness for the space and each other
- Move your body however you wish
- You can dance alone, or with as many partners as (you) like to join. (If you’d rather not dance with someone, thank them for the offer by placing your hands in prayer position at your heart – Namaste.)
What to Bring:
- Loose-fitting clothes that let you move your body and free yourself
- Water and a water bottle.
Ecstatic Dance empowers people from all walks of life to freely express themselves, regardless of shape, size, and background. The liberating atmosphere creates a melting pot of acceptance, and the fearlessness with which people move gives newbies permission and courage to dance without inhibition.
See you on the Dance floor!
Fee: $10 – $20 – an amount you feel comfortable paying
(if this is beyond your means please send me a private message, I would much rather have a powerful group energy than exclude anyone)
Questions? Contact Chantal: Send me an email
Your Birth Childbirth Prep:
Your body, your baby, your birth
Saturday, April 21, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Mary Michalek, Doula
This class will be relaxed and interactive.
We will cover all the resources available to you for the best birth possible:
- Prepare yourself and your partner for what to expect during childbirth.
- How labor happens – how does baby get from in there to out here?
- Connecting with your baby and your partner for a better birth
- Plan A, B, C. – discussing the risks and benefits of common birthing scenarios
- Creating a birth preferences document
- Learn how prenatal yoga, acupuncture, massage, and Reiki can help from local experts
- Comfort measures to relieve pain – discussion, demonstration, and practice
- Relaxation techniques
- Labor and delivery positions
Mary Michalek, Doula and Co-Owner
New Day Doula Birth and Beyond
An Introduction to the Sister Science of Yoga
Saturday, May 5, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm
$25 or 2 class card blocks
Ayurveda means the study of life. Ayurveda combines two Sanskrit words, ayur (ife) and veda (study of).
- Learn the basic principles of Ayurveda and its relationship with Yoga.
Begin to identify your unique constitutional make-up (dosha) based on the elements.
Discover new ways to approach everyday lifestyle choices regarding exercise, diet, and stress management.
This workshop covers the elements, doshas, and the Ayurvedic clock.
Wear comfortable clothing.
Chai tea will be served.
“What I find so refreshing about the Ayurvedic approach to health is the lack of judgment. There is no identifying what is “good or bad” for me, thus leading to my feeling “good or bad” about myself. It’s about finding balance, and – when life happens – having the tools to find balance through the right kind of exercise, a proper seasonal diet, and stress management.” – Alison
Alison Brant, CYT-500, PRYT, PTA. Alison will complete her Ayurveda Yoga Specialist Certificate with the Himalayan Institute in April.
For more information and to register, contact Alison 315-386-3040, firstname.lastname@example.org