Events and Workshops
Healing from Loss
Tuesday, August 14
6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Sarah Pickard, Reiki Master
For anyone who has experienced loss:
the death of a loved one
Focus during this class will be on ways to help heal yourself energetically and reconnect with life and purpose.
If there is interest, a monthly gathering will follow, which will include speakers, activities and fun social outings.
Contact Sarah at 860-488-1895 to register or for more information.
Bringing Mindfulness to Chronic Pain
Saturday, August 18
3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
with Terry de la Vega and Jenna Joya Blondel
Are you living with chronic pain?
Give yourself the gift of self-care and compassion.
Learn ways to manage pain and promote relaxation.
Please join us for:
• Meditation and mindfulness instruction and practice
• A sharing circle
• Deep relaxation: Yoga Nidra
• Joy and meaning in community.
Suggested donation $10 – $20
In, out, deep, slow,
calm, ease, smile, release.
– Plum Village Practice Song
Sundays, July 29, and August 26
3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
with Chantal Forrest
- 3:00 – 3:20 pm – Warm-up
- 3:20 – 3:35 pm – Opening Circle
- 3:35 – 4:50 pm – Ecstatic Dance
- 4:50 – 5:00 pm – Closing Circle
Ecstatic Dance is a monthly community gathering for people who love to Dance.
Join us and enjoy a safe and inspiring space to dance without talking, drinking, and the nightclub vibe. This is about self-expression, freeing your mind and body, and connecting with yourself and those around you. No booze, no shoes and no chit-chat on the dance floor helps us keep it intentional. Amazing music helps us keep it all about dance!
- No talking on the dance floor (plenty of room to talk off-floor)
- Drug-Free, Smoke-Free, Alcohol-Free environment
- No photos or videos, cellphones muted and out of sight
- Care/Awareness for the space and each other
- Move your body however you wish
- You can dance alone, or with as many partners as (you) like to join. (If you’d rather not dance with someone, thank them for the offer by placing your hands in prayer position at your heart – Namaste.)
What to Bring:
- Loose-fitting clothes that let you move your body and free yourself
- Water and a water bottle.
Ecstatic Dance empowers people from all walks of life to freely express themselves, regardless of shape, size, and background. The liberating atmosphere creates a melting pot of acceptance, and the fearlessness with which people move gives newbies permission and courage to dance without inhibition.
See you on the Dance floor!
Fee: $10 – $20 – an amount you feel comfortable paying
(if this is beyond your means please send me a private message, I would much rather have a powerful group energy than exclude anyone)
Questions? Contact Chantal: Send me an email