While massage may simply feel good, its health-giving benefits are well documented today. We can no longer deny the relationship between high stress levels and dis-ease in our culture and busy lives. Taking measures to connect more affectively and deeply with oneself is a powerful tool in promoting holistic wellness.
Massage may also:
- assist in pain management
- encourage relaxation and stress relief
- balance the nervous system
- boost the immune system
- enhance circulation of blood and lymph
- aid in the healing process
- speed up tissue recovery after injury or surgery
- improve sleep
- relieve headaches
- lower blood pressure
- decrease anxiety
- Swedish Massage: This soothing style of massage is oriented towards promoting relaxation and well-being, as well as decreasing stress and muscle tension
- Deep Tissue Massage: A more targeting approach to relieving specific musculoskeletal complaints, with the use of deep pressure. Trigger point massage techniques used as indicated
- Prenatal Massage: A massage session in a beautiful way to take time to rejoice in the wonder of the transformative process called pregnancy! It is also a useful means of relieving the physical discomforts during pregnancy and the postpartum period. During this time of so many changes, massage therapy is shown to aid in coping with stress and fatigue, learning self-care techniques, preparing for labor, and connecting with the life developing within.
- Reflexology: Based upon the belief that points on the hands and feet correlate to specific areas of the body, the therapist manipulates these points as a way to indirectly treat the entire body. This treatment is non-invasive, yet highly effective in bringing balance and an overall sense of well-being. This type of massage is particularly good for clients who are unable to receive touch to other parts of their bodies, or who are otherwise uncomfortable with full-body massage.
- 30 minutes – $40
- 60 minutes – $65
- 90 minutes – $90
Add on to your session:
- Hot stone treatment ($10)- A detoxifying experience during which rounded, smooth basalt stones are heated and applied to the body. The client can expect the session to be comprised of Swedish-like strokes utilizing the stones, as well as some stone placement techniques. * Only available with 60 or 90 minute sessions.
- Foot scrub treatment ($10)- Our feet do so much for us, and deserve our extra care. This stimulating yet relaxing experience employs hot towels and an exfoliating salt scrub, followed by the application of an ultra-moisturizing foot cream. Goodbye dull dry skin, hello softened, refreshed feet!